Movie Releases 01-18-22
Filmed at 14 beautiful and iconic locations around the island of Ireland, Postcards From Ireland features 80 minutes of beautiful Irish landscapes as Celtic Woman perform 13 new compositions from their latest album, plus some fan favorites. Breaking from the usual format of former concert specials, Celtic Woman bring an innovative, fresh and vibrant approach as they take fans on as magical journey through Ireland, performing in some of the most stunning land and seascapes across the country.
Meet the Beatles! Just one month after they exploded onto the U.S. scene with their Ed Sullivan Show appearance, John, Paul, George, and Ringo began working on a project that would bring their revolutionary talent to the big screen. This film, in which the bandmates play slapstick versions of themselves, captured the astonishing moment when they officially became the singular, irreverent idols of their generation and changed music forever. Directed with raucous, anything-goes verve by Richard Lester and featuring a slew of iconic pop anthems-including the title track, "Can't Buy Me Love," "I Should Have Known Better," and "If I Fell"-A Hard Day's Night, which reconceived the movie musical and exerted an incalculable influence on the music video, is one of the most deliriously entertaining movies of all time.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED 4K UHD + BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:
- New 4K digital restoration, approved by director Richard Lester, with three audio options-a monaural soundtrack as well as stereo and 5.1 surround mixes supervised by sound producer Giles Martin at Abbey Road Studios-presented in uncompressed monaural, uncompressed stereo, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in Dolby Vision HDR and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
- Audio commentary featuring cast and crew
- In Their Own Voices, a program featuring 1964 interviews with the Beatles and behind-the-scenes footage and photos
- "You Can't Do That": The Making of "A Hard Day's Night," a 1994 documentary by producer Walter Shenson including an outtake performance by the Beatles
- Things They Said Today, a 2002 documentary about the film featuring Lester, music producer George Martin, screenwriter Alun Owen, and cinematographer Gilbert Taylor
- Picturewise, a program about Lester's early work, featuring a 2014 audio interview with the director
- The Running Jumping & Standing Still Film (1960), Lester's Oscar-nominated short
- Anatomy of a Style, a 2014 program on Lester's methods
- Interview from 2014 with Beatles biographer Mark Lewisohn
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- PLUS: An essay by critic Howard Hampton and excerpts from a 1970 interview with Lester"
- ASPECT RATIO
- # OF DISCS: 2